Shop Helpers organize parts, move bikes around, paint, build things, clean, strip bikes and do other projects that keep Bike Recycle Vermont running smoothly. Being a Shop Helper is a great way to start learning about bike mechanics.
- Good listening skills
- Willingness to get dirty
- A good sense of organization and cleanliness
- Ability to work independantly
- Comprehensive knowledge of shop policies and procedures
- Ability to work with a very diverse population and through language differences
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Primary duties include:
- Duties vary based on projects available
- Volunteer Orientation with the shop manager
- Tuesday 1PM - 5PM
- Tuesday 5PM - 8PM
- Wednesday 1PM - 5PM
- Friday 1PM - 5PM
Supervisor: Dan Hock, Program Manager
- Ability to attend Volunteer Appreciation Nights where volunteers access stands and tools to work on their own bikes
- Opportunity to be part of the team running Bike Recycle Vermont!
- Ability to earn City Market member worker credit. Learn more about the member worker program here: http://www.citymarket.coop/memberwork
- Click here and fill out this form and we'll be in touch.